We are pleased to invite you to nominate yourself or another individual for BlockchainNZ’s Executive Council.
The purpose of BlockchainNZ is to support the growth of a sustainable blockchain ecosystem in New Zealand and advocate for blockchain technology in the public and private sectors. To achieve this purpose BlockchainNZ collaborates with others to:
- help connect the blockchain ecosystem;
- promote the importance of blockchain to New Zealand;
- promote New Zealand blockchain organisations to the world; and
- help advance Government’s understanding of blockchain and its potential.
Executive Council Nominations
There is now an opportunity to put yourself forward or nominate someone else for a role on the BlockchainNZ Executive Council. This year we have vacancies for the following positions:
- Corporate – Major: 2 positions;
- Corporate – Other: 1 position;
- SMEs & Start-ups: 2 positions;
- Government: 1 position
The nominee must be from a BlockchainNZ member organisation and be from the same BlockchainNZ Group that they are to represent on the Executive Council.
All nominations must be entered into the online form here by 5pm on 3 August 2021.
BlockchainNZ Executive Council roles and responsibilities include:
- Direct and supervise the business and affairs of BlockchainNZ.
- Attend monthly Executive Council meetings, usually one and a half hours in duration.
- Represent BlockchainNZ at industry events and as part of delegations to Government and other key stakeholders.
- Assist with managing and securing Members of BlockchainNZ.
- Participate in BlockchainNZ working groups and projects.
- Where agreed by the Executive Council, act as a spokesperson for BlockchainNZ on particular issues relating to working groups or projects.
- Be a vocal advocate of BlockchainNZ.
Voting will take place online in advance of the meeting and will be open for 2 weeks. The results will be announced at the Annual Meeting, on 7 September 2021. Please see the Charter (by clicking here) for an outline of Executive Council membership and election process. Each organisation has one vote that is allocated to the primary contact of the member organisation.
Annual Meeting Details
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for 7 September 2021 and is to be held via tele/video conference. You can register to attend here.
Notices and Remits
If you wish to propose any notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org 5pm, 17 August 2021.
Now - Call for nominations for Executive Committee members is issued to Members
3 August - Nominations close, and all received nominations are validated
10 August - Electronic voting commences
17 August - Due date for notices or motions to be considered at the Annual Meeting
24 August - Electronic voting closes
7 September - Results announced at Annual Meeting
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com
We look forward to your response and your nominations!
Nga mihi nui,
The team at BlockchainNZ